6.03.2013

Dragon Con Prep and Lady Creepers


90 Days till Dragon Con

Bulema's not an option, tubs.
Brandon Adams, one of my pilots, gave me a 12-week program just in time to start for Dragon Con preparation.  He’s been using it and this man is just beastly.  I’ve seen him, with my own fascinated eyes, leg press 1400 pounds.  Multiple times.  So, every Monday, I’ll post up the week’s work out here.  Don’t be afraid of the super-sets.  They can be done, but ensure you have a designated driver because I want to die right now.

Go get ‘em studs and lady-studs (studettes?).

Okay, onto more pressing matters. 

Mowing the lawn post-workout, without my shirt, another ‘fairly odd’ thing occurred.  Now, you’d think I’ve learned my lesson about people being weird about me when I’m shirtless.  Nope.  I was objectified in a manner that I’m not entirely comfortable with.

A house adjacent has a fairly young couple who routinely invite people over.  Several times now, there has been a gathering of ladies outside when I mow my backyard – which takes the better part of an hour.  The scene I’m painting right now is me, rocking out to some sweet Ace of Base on my ipod, sweaty, grunting, and because Texas is the Australia of America, covered in no small amount of spiders, mosquitoes, and ants.  Doesn’t sound very attractive.

Remember them?
When I finished mowing, one of the women detached herself from the group, approached me with a lemonade (not roofied, but total cliché), then proceeded to inform me that watching me was a group treat because I was “tasty.” 

Getting ogled by complete strangers ain’t cool.  Every ounce of machismo in me was like ‘fuck yeah,’ while the rest of me was like ‘bitch back up, I’m mowing the lawn.’  The only strangers I want leering at me are Con strangers, cause I can leer right the hell back.  Even then it’s at least mutual and respectful. 

I dunno…  Kinda put me off.  Ladies, thoughts?
Meh,I'd let him punch me in the junk.

Back to Con prep – people appreciate the male form!  There was one Johnny Cage cosplayer that had it perfect to a point that I wanted to walk up to him and ask in a completely hetero way ‘can I just look at you for a minute?’  You’ve got time! 

And now, I slumber, because if you couldn’t tell, I’m effin exhausted. 

Trader has 2 or 3 chapters left.  If you want an early manuscript, lemme know, I’d be more than happy for reviews.  Still looking for cover art.
This is what you'll end up looking like after DCon parties though...


No comments:

Post a Comment