3.05.2016

Updates and 8600 views?!

Been a while, no?  Well, I'm back for the foreseeable future.

Without further preamble, let's get right into it.

I've had 8600+ views!  That's a lot, for me at least.  What makes it exciting is that the more views I get, the better chance I have of getting picked up by a publisher.  Yes, Trader is published, but with the amount of revisioning I'm going to do, I'll have to re-copyright.

Nothing anyone cares about right now.

ANYWAY... Trader is no longer Trader.  Trader is now:

TRADER Book 1:

Death Of A Spaceman 

A tale of sex, drugs, and spaceships.

Catchy, no?

And with that in mind, here's a dose of new writing, taken from page 1, done this very night:

    It started with a knock on a door.
      My door.
        At 2 a.m.
    You can tell quite a bit about a person by the way they knock.  For instance; a soft, gentle rapping may signify someone shy and cautious.  There's the brief but thunderous boom of the confident, announcing not only their arrival, but their absolute certainty that this was the door they were always meant knock.
    And, like now, there is the frantic pummeling of my door, at 2 a.m., of someone that was abused as a child.  Well, that, or Rick Allen came back from the dead to tell me something vitally important.
    At 2 a.m.
    Did I mention it was early?  Because it was.

So, there you go.  What I need now is catchy, fun, cover art.  Something like a retro/minimalist version of this:
 
But not this exactly.  Because, legal issues.
Here's the rest of the final draft of chapter 1 for your reading pleasure.

Don't expect too much in the way of politics.  That's a bit of shit show right now.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment