5.09.2013

A Leap Forward In Time

Almost completely forgot I had this page.  That's how things go though, isn't it?  Between a deployment and well, life, this was left to rot at the bottom of the internet.

One of my favorite bloggers of all time just made her...if not triumphant return...then at least her much anticipated comeback to the internet.  Allie Brosh is incredibly talented.  If you are not familiar with her work, GET familiar with it.  I think it's safe to say that we were legitmately worried about her (we being Allie's fans), and still are.  She's back though, in whatever capacity, broken but unbound as it were.  Allie's writing has gotten me through some insanely tough times, my hope is that we can do the same for her at some point.

Not going to tell everyone about the last few years in any great detail.  Love's labour was lost.  Lives were saved.  Helicopters were flown.  Comicon was discovered.  Dragon Con was rediscovered.  Hearts were broken.  Adventures were had.  I pulled a child out of a human-being, gross.  Met some awesome people.  In possession of incredible friends.  Long story short?  Life was lived with extreme prejudice.

Updates for writing?  I know it's been going on nigh 4 years-ish, BUT Trader is moving along swiftly now.  There's a light at the end of the tunnel and it has a page number in it.  57,000 words written for Trader, more and more every week.  Marcus and Marlin Mardis: Master Monster Murderers, of course Ariana, Pirated Gods (is never going to go away), and my latest with a wonderful new artist - Katherine O'Brien - My Name Is Not Alice; are all in the works.  Life isn't stopping me, I love what I do, but it's slowing me down... and somehow that isn't that much of a hinderance.

Before I get to the latest installment of Trader, check this out, Janice (pronounced Juh-neece) makes them herself like the beautiful badass that she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment