8.01.2016

Dear Moxxi

I want everyone to meet my favorite aircraft here in Germany:

This is 697.  An HH-60M, 19,000lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.  She's got forward looking infrared, a fully coupled flight director, two 200 gallon extended range fuel tanks, an external rescue hoist, onboard oxygen generation system, onboard suction, and adequate space to treat 6 patients AFTER I PICK THEM UP FROM THE MOT*#%#*ING BATTLEFIELD WHILE UNDER FIRE.

She has all the right curves, is temperamental, has a serious attitude, and if you try to fly her wrong she'll kill you (and four other people).  But, she's mine, as much as any helicopter can belong to a pilot.  Other people fly her, other people take care of her, other people do maintenance on her, other people ride her... But I love her.  And I got to name her the other day.

Can you guess?

Mad Moxxi
Pictured: Love.
Waiting for approval to paint the name on.  As soon as that happens, I'll post pictures.

And I made this (completely out of regs):

STRIP THE FLESH!  SALT THE WOUND!
...then, you know... patch up said wounds.

Until then, in her honor, I have a more appropriate flying buddy:

The Damsel

In other news:  10,000 views! Thanks for visiting!  Loud Noises!

Also, I wrote the new final chapter for Trader.  You can find it here.  The revision project is on going, but the final chapter ends the first book exactly how I needed it to.  So, keep visiting, because apparently social media presence is one of the milestones that publishers consider for publishing.

Finally, once the four weeks are up (here's week one) there may be a shirtless Pyscho picture out on the flight line with me, my sweet helmet, and my darling Moxxi.

Like this, but more naked.

Thanks to John Mart for the Vault Patch.
This is where the Damsel lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment